24/7 Cell Phone: 346-415-5001
Houston Texas Raccoon Control Situation: Hi David I live in Houston and first noticed raccoons in the attic in early Feb. We hired a professional. At that time, I had not yet found your website, so I didn't hire the fellow you suggested. The trapper I hired set a trap, switching off among peanut butter, marshmallows and sardines as bait. Over the last 3 months, he has lethally trapped 9 raccoons. Many were males, none were lactating females. Several were very large. While I can never be completely sure that they were not there before February, the noise they make is not subtle and it seems impossible to me that they could have been living in the attic for an extended period without me or my wife having noticed. There is at least one more raccoon in the attic now, and from the sound of it, I would guess that there is more than one. Today, for the first time, the trapper set two traps. So, here are my questions.
1) Is it possible that the bait is attracting raccoons to the attic that were not previously living there?
2) If there are no lactating females, would it be safe to close off the raccoons access to the attic before we finish trapping them?
3) A contractor we know says we are crazy for being so patient. He said that, if we leave the house for a day or two, he will find and kill them with air guns.
4) Is that a good idea under these circumstances?
5) Is there any other bait the trapper should be using?
6) Natural selection would suggest that the remaining raccoons are the smart ones. After so many of their fellows have fallen, won';t they have learned to stay clear of the trap?
7) Should the trapper being switching between the kinds of traps he uses? I live in Channelview Texas which is a suburb of Houston Thanks for your help. Andy
Hello! You have a great site. I live in New York and two nights ago I heard a loud clawing noise from my attic that woke me up at 3am. I started banging on the walls and I heard something run away. When the sun came up I went outside and I saw a huge hole ripped through my house. Since then, I haven't heard any noise. I keep banging on the walls and ceiling and I don't hear anything. If it was still in my house would I still hear noises? Should i hear it moving after I am making a racket? I can't sleep thinking that it is in my house. We live in an apartment building on the 3rd floor, and for the past 2years we have been hearing noises and animals chasing each other back and forth its very disturbing and scary. I contacted our maintenance department they sent me an exterminator, who could not do anything. I wanted to ask how much do you charge to get rid of the squirrels or raccoons that we might have on the roof of our building. And is it possible to ask our maintenance department to contact you about further action. HELP!!!!
If you wish to learn more, click on the How to Get Rid of Raccoons in the Attic home page. For wildlife control, animal trapping services, and raccoon control in Harris County, Texas, call us at 346-415-5001, and ask to talk about raccoons in the attic in Houston, TX.